Different types of elliptical machines are now used by the weight loss aspirant today. Elliptical bikes are cardiovascular exercise machines. It is better known as “cardio machines.” They are designed to exercise all the muscles of the body simultaneously. It is a good option and a great alternative to exercise gently. Exercise with elliptical is not so heavy.
With this machine you will achieve all your health goals. Cardio rooms in gyms usually have different types. There are even centers where they teach for ellipticals. The success of these machines is not only due to how comfortable they are.
Did you know that elliptical are perfect for all types of users? They are ideal for people who start exercising.
Elliptical have become fashionable in recent years among fitness enthusiasts. This sudden boom is due in large part to its multiple benefits and all its functionalities. These types of bicycles offer a simple and very effective training that allows you to train like a professional without leaving home.
There are many models and types of elliptical bikes in the market. In this article we want to offer you all the information you need about this type of training machine. We will advise you and help you find the one that best suits your needs. It is important to know what you need and not overpay.
Different Types Of Elliptical
Did you know that there are different types of elliptical bikes? Each type of elliptical bike has specific and differentiating characteristics. These differences affect the way we will perform the exercise and also the different workouts that we can configure. Let’s see what they are!
- Front-wheel drive: the steering wheel of these ellipticals is located at the front of the structure. The movement it provides is flatter than that of other types. It offers the widest stride of all. This is decisive for those looking for more demanding workouts.
- Rear-wheel drive: in this variant the steering wheel is located at the rear, which provides more inertia. This translates into a more ergonomic, soft and comfortable step. They have fewer moving parts, so they require less maintenance. They are very practical models for gyms and houses.
- Central traction: these ellipticals are smaller than the rest. The structure is more solid, since it has the mechanism in the center. It is the one that offers a more natural position to the user’s body.
- Elliptical folding: they are characterized because they can be folded. This is interesting for users looking for competitive models, but who do not have space. They offer the same features as normal models.
- Outdoor: the best option for those who do not want to train indoors. If you like to go jogging, you should know that with one of these models you can do it without suffering. The impacts on the joints are over! They may not sound like anything, but in the USA they are a success. They provide the same features as indoor.
The most important
- There are Different Types Of Elliptical models. There are professionals and domestic. Households tend to be smaller because they are designed to be folded or stored.
- One of the important points is the weight it supports, usually between 100 and 130 kg. If you are on the edge of these weights, always choose a model with a higher weight. If you weigh 110 kg, do not choose an elliptical that supports that weight, choose one that holds 120 kg.
- The position of the steering wheel is important for the exercise. Those that have it downtown are smaller. The rear wheel is the one that offers a smoother and more comfortable movement. If you are an expert and looking for a challenge, the front wheel offers more resistance and a more complete exercise.
What is the difference between an elliptical and other fitness machines?
Elliptical bikes offer cardiovascular exercise based on oval movements. Hence, the name of elliptical is for their elliptical movements. This movement is similar to that of a traditional bicycle, but involves many more muscle groups. This movement makes the leg joints not receive such an aggressive impact.
This is ideal if you are new to fitness. And if you are an experienced athlete, it will help you reduce pain and injuries caused by the constant impact on the asphalt. With this machine you will exercise the upper and lower trunk. Here is a table with its benefits:
- They favor fat loss
- Increase metabolic rate
- Increase your resistance
- No joint wear
- Exercise located in the lower body
How much does an elliptical bike cost?
The price of elliptical bikes varies greatly depending on their benefits and extras based on the Different Types of Elliptical. Also the materials and the brand influence the final price of each model. Each manufacturer builds the bicycles according to their criteria and applies the prices that are best for them.
In general, we can distinguish between several price forks:
- High range: elliptical models for professional use, from $1200
- Mid-range : prices range between $500 and $1200
- Low range: domestic ellipticals with prices between $150 and $ 500
To choose between one model or another you must consider your budget. Focus on the models you find affordable. As in everything, it is almost always better to invest a little more and go for a quality machine. The best machines will allow you to reach your goals and have a bike with a longer life.
We are not talking about disproportionate amounts, but you should be aware that the quality is worth it. Remember that you do not invest only money, you are also investing in health.
How much space does an elliptical trainer occupy?
The measurements depend on the model and type of machine. To answer, you must first ask yourself a question: how much space do you have at home? The answer to this question will give you information about the model you need. The reason that size is important lies in comfort.
It is not the same to finish the exercise and leave the machine where it is, than having to store it. No wonder domestic ellipticals are smaller than professional ones. We recommend that you take into account the transport and transfer facilities of each model. For example, the wheels and grips are foldable.
Broadly speaking, the standard measurements of an elliptical are usually on the following numbers:
- Length: 180/200 cm
- Width: 50/60 cm
- Height: 160cm
Before choosing a specific elliptical model from different types of elliptical, you must keep in mind that will use it. A tall person will not use it the same as a low person. You must keep in mind the stride length, the ideal is 50/51 cm, which is what most have.
Where can I buy an elliptical bike?
You can buy them in the sports section of any large commercial area. In centers such as Carrefour or the English Court you can find a variety of elliptical bicycles for sale. They are also available in most large sports areas such as Decathlon or Sprinter.
But on the Internet you will find a greater number of models, brands and different types of elliptical to choose from. You can find them on Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. If you prefer something more concrete, you can search on pages specialized in sports machinery or on the pages of the brands themselves.
Buying an elliptical bike is an investment of money. If we are not fitness experts, we may not know what features to look for in one of these machines. We have prepared this complete buying guide, here you will find all the information about the most important characteristics of an elliptical.
- Transmitter belt
It is also known as inertia wheel. This is one of the most important points of elliptical bikes. Determine the type of machine and the way you will pedal. The flywheel is the modern version of the traditional bicycle chain. It consists of an iron disk that activates the movement when the user starts pedaling.
This disc always goes faster than pedaling, which indicates its smoothness. The faster the steering wheel, the smoother the pedaling. The resistance of the elliptical is determined by your steering wheel. The greater the weight, the greater its resistance. This has an impact on joint wear. Choose a flywheel with low weight.
Before the magnets, ellipticals were wearing friction belts to increase resistance. The straps worn the machine and were noisy. For this reason it was decided to exchange them with magnets. Magnets have a much longer life and are easier to configure than straps.
This feature influences how quiet pedaling is. The magnets receive strength from the movement of the steering wheel, which transmits heat. This is what makes them work and catch speed. That is why they must have heat resistance to work well and have a longer lifespan. There are two types of ellipticals:
- Aeromagnetic: With higher quality magnets. The structure has slots for air to pass, which allows them to cool.
- Electromagnetic: They incorporate transformers that convert electricity into magnetic energy. They must be connected to the power to operate. They incorporate ventilation holes.
The resistance of elliptical bicycles is its main characteristic. It is what differentiates them from treadmills and other cardio machines, such as exercise bikes or rowing machines. Resistance makes exercise more or less hard. It is essential to have a good resistance to train.
Depending on the use you are looking for, you should provide more or less resistance to your training. It is not the same to train for a race than to burn calories or improve metabolism. Each type of exercise requires a different resistance.
There are several types of resistance:
- Mechanical: simple mechanism that is unlocked by turning the central button. The tension cable that brings the magnet to the steering wheel is activated.
- Motorized: allows you to adjust the difficulty of the brand from a screen. This mode contemplates a greater variety of resistors. They usually have preconfigured training programs.
The drive belt is responsible for connecting the flywheel and the pedals. It plays an important role in the use: the higher the quality of the strap, the longer the use time allows. Before choosing, think about how you are going to exercise. If you are going to train every day, choose a model with a quality strap.
It is very important that you consider how many times you will train a week. The transmission belt is responsible for supporting the worst part of the exercises. If you are going to use it occasionally, you don’t need to look for a strong transmitter belt. But if you want to train hard, you will have to invest in a stronger belt.
The stride length directly influences the smoothness of the pedaling. The longer the length, the more beneficial the machine will be for your health. The length usually varies from 7 inches, in the simplest models, to 21 of the most professional. Some have a 26-inch stride, special for tall users.
The pedals are the ones that usually mark the stride distance. In addition, they are responsible for sustaining the continuous movement of the bicycle. You have to look for some that are comfortable and pleasant. The pedals can be adjusted to different resistances and move back and forth.
As you can see, elliptical bikes are one of the most complete cardio machines that exist from different types of elliptical. There are different types of elliptical depending on the position of the flywheel or resistance. Each type fulfills a function and is appropriate for a specific type of training. There are machines of many types, according to your needs.
If you want to keep fit or lose those extra pounds, you can opt for a folding model. These are very comfortable, because they allow you to store them anywhere. They are ideal for home use and can be as good as professional ones. You also have models for professional use.
The gym halls are full of these machines. They are usually models of high resistance and with front wheels. If you are looking to improve the performance of your training, you should look for more sophisticated models. Some, with electromagnetic magnets, allow you to set the resistance, time and inclination.
Now it’s your turn to choose an elliptical. Follow our advice and you will get the best elliptical on the market. It’s time to get fit!